"Today my unit received a care package which was a nice surprise and much needed treat. When it was announced that the package came in, it was soon swarmed. The sight looked like a bunch of lions eating a gazzle. We cannot fully express our gratitude, not only for the care package but for the thought of putting it together. It is an honor and privilege to serve the American People and the Constitution."
Semper Fidelis, Capt. Zan Christensen Union III ITAM-Army/OPS
• Branchburg Marine returns NJ Hereos banner to First Lady
• NJ State USA pageant titleholders stand up for US troops
• Happy Valentine's Day from Albania
• Operation Shoebox hosts 7th anniversary packing event at Manville VFW
• Dentists’ Halloween buyback campaign donates candy for US troops deployed overseas
• US Army Blackhawk lands in Hillsborough Oct 1
• Auctioneer sells sports memorabilia to benefit Operation Shoebox NJ
• What so proudly we hailed
• IV Annual Operation Shoebox NJ Golf Classic
• Victory Campaign 2011
• Seal Team VI honors Operation Shoebox New Jersey
• Shop for a Cause: Macy’s 25% discount tickets benefit OPSHBXNJ
• Somerset Patriots host OPSHBXNJ packing event & “A Salute to the Flag” July 4th
• The Stein Philanthropy Club presents boxes to OPSHBXNJ
• 5th Graders Skype with Airmen
• Volunteers Invited to Pack Boxes for US at 6th annual Christmas packing in Manville Nov. 13th
• Eat, Drink & Be Grateful: Wine Tasting to benefit Deployed US Soldiers
• Sports memorabilia auction benefits Operation Shoebox NJ
• Operation Shoebox NJ joins Flemington Dept Store to honor military families
MANVILLE - Volunteers are invited to join Operation Shoebox New Jersey staff pack personal care boxes for U.S. troops deployed in Afghanistan and other Mideast locations at its seventh anniversary packing Saturday Feb. 4.
The packing will be at the Kavanaugh VFW Post #2290, 600 Washington Ave., Manville, with registration at 11 a.m., followed by opening ceremonies. Packing begins at 11:30 a.m. A light lunch will be provided.
Soldiers and Marines who were recipients of OPSHBX NJ gift packages are expected to attend and extend their thanks to the volunteers.
Volunteer packers are encouraged to donate personal care items for shipment, including snacks and toiletries. Check the shopping list on our website and bring along a bag of needed items.
The packages sent overseas will include a box of Girl Scout cookies donated by the Girl Scouts; bagged candy collected from 14 Walgreen stores donated by shoppers; cans of tuna, cans of fruit, trail mix, beef jerky, gum, candy, granola bars, powdered drink mixes, coffee, tea, oatmeal, hot chocolate, toothpaste, tooth brushes, ear swabs, moist wipes, sun block, eye drops, soap, shampoo, socks, stationary, envelopes, pens, batteries and other items.
Volunteers will also have the opportunity to sit down and write a short letter or to the troops; all cards and letters will be inserted into the boxes. We'll also add stuffed animals and other gift items for the troops to hand out to young children.
Since its founding in February, 2005, OPSHBX NJ volunteers have shipped over 51,000 personal care packages overseas.
Financial support is also needed to help pay the costs of shipping the packages. All donations are tax deductible. Volunteers are asked to sign up in advance by clicking here.
Register for an event or volunteer op
Operation Shoebox is always in need of volunteers. Want to help out? Register by clicking the button below or click here to see a full listing of packings and events.