• Branchburg Marine returns NJ Hereos banner to First Lady
• NJ State USA pageant titleholders stand up for US troops
• Happy Valentine's Day from Albania
• Operation Shoebox hosts 7th anniversary packing event at Manville VFW
• Dentists’ Halloween buyback campaign donates candy for US troops deployed overseas
• US Army Blackhawk lands in Hillsborough Oct 1
• Auctioneer sells sports memorabilia to benefit Operation Shoebox NJ
• What so proudly we hailed
• IV Annual Operation Shoebox NJ Golf Classic
• Victory Campaign 2011
• Seal Team VI honors Operation Shoebox New Jersey
• Shop for a Cause: Macy’s 25% discount tickets benefit OPSHBXNJ
• Somerset Patriots host OPSHBXNJ packing event & “A Salute to the Flag” July 4th
• The Stein Philanthropy Club presents boxes to OPSHBXNJ
• 5th Graders Skype with Airmen
• Volunteers Invited to Pack Boxes for US at 6th annual Christmas packing in Manville Nov. 13th
• Eat, Drink & Be Grateful: Wine Tasting to benefit Deployed US Soldiers
• Sports memorabilia auction benefits Operation Shoebox NJ
• Operation Shoebox NJ joins Flemington Dept Store to honor military families
Eat, Drink & and Be Grateful:Wine tasting to benefit deployed US troops
NEPTUNE – The Beacon Street Grille on Route 66 will host a premium wine tasting Saturday, Nov. 20 beginning at 7:30 p.m. to raise funds that will help send personal care packages to US troops deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq.
The fund raiser is being held to benefit Operation Shoebox New Jersey, according to John Slipek, owner of Beacon Street Grille and Gil Benjamin, executive chef.
Guests will have the opportunity to sample premium wines from over ten major wineries, and to fill their plates from a carving station and pasta station as well as fruit and cheese.
Wines will be available for purchase by the bottle or by the case in time for the holiday season, for gift giving or to savor throughout the year, according to Benjamin.
A Chinese auction featuring wines, illustrations by noted sports artist James Fiorentino and other merchandise will be held to benefit Operation Shoebox New Jersey throughout the evening.
“Many of those who have already made their reservations are including their employees and are hosting their holiday office parties with us while supporting a worthwhile cause,” Benjamin said. Operation Shoebox New Jersey is a 501c3 non-profit corporation. All donations are tax deductible.
The donation is $100 per person. Tickets can be purchased online using a credit card or PayPal at www.beaconstreetgrill.com.
Proceeds will be donated to OPSHBX NJ, a non-profit corporation dedicated to maintaining a supply line of personal care packages for US troops overseas. Since its founding in 2005, volunteers have shipped over 36,000 packages to US troops in the Mideast.
The restaurant has already exceeded its goal of helping to raise $75,000 for non-profit organizations this year. “There are so many non-profit groups out there that need help,” Benjamin added. “We like this cause, helping the troops, I’ve always felt we should rally behind our guys.”
Slipek and Benjamin are both veterans of the Vietnam War.
Further information is available by calling the restaurant at 732 918-8711 or Operation Shoebox New Jersey at (908) 698-0333.
The Beacon Street Grille is located at 3205 State Highway 66, Neptune, NJ 07753 and is open seven days from 11:30 a.m. daily.