• Branchburg Marine returns NJ Hereos banner to First Lady
• NJ State USA pageant titleholders stand up for US troops
• Happy Valentine's Day from Albania
• Operation Shoebox hosts 7th anniversary packing event at Manville VFW
• Dentists’ Halloween buyback campaign donates candy for US troops deployed overseas
• US Army Blackhawk lands in Hillsborough Oct 1
• Auctioneer sells sports memorabilia to benefit Operation Shoebox NJ
• What so proudly we hailed
• IV Annual Operation Shoebox NJ Golf Classic
• Victory Campaign 2011
• Seal Team VI honors Operation Shoebox New Jersey
• Shop for a Cause: Macy’s 25% discount tickets benefit OPSHBXNJ
• Somerset Patriots host OPSHBXNJ packing event & “A Salute to the Flag” July 4th
• The Stein Philanthropy Club presents boxes to OPSHBXNJ
• 5th Graders Skype with Airmen
• Volunteers Invited to Pack Boxes for US at 6th annual Christmas packing in Manville Nov. 13th
• Eat, Drink & Be Grateful: Wine Tasting to benefit Deployed US Soldiers
• Sports memorabilia auction benefits Operation Shoebox NJ
• Operation Shoebox NJ joins Flemington Dept Store to honor military families
Dentists’ Halloween buyback campaign donates candy for US troops deployed overseas
Manville Dental Group is once again coordinating a candy buyback program which benefits trick-or-treaters as well as US troops deployed overseas.
Youngsters between the ages of 2-12 can earn one dollar per pound, up to five pounds, for their unwanted Halloween candy. Donated candy can be brought to Manville Dental Group, 7 Washington Ave., Manville, on Tuesday, Nov. 1, between 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
Manville Dental Group is also coordinating the candy buyback program at the Roosevelt School in Manville.
Last year more than one dozen dentists’ offices and several schools donated over nine tons of candy to Operation Shoebox New Jersey; volunteers spent several afternoons and evenings at OPSHBX NJ headquarters in Hillsborough bagging the loose candy for shipment overseas.
“I have other dentists lined up for the Halloween Candy BuyBack,” said Dr. Gary Small of Manville Dental Group. “I am hoping we can deliver the same amount of candy as last year.”
October 12, 2011