• Branchburg Marine returns NJ Hereos banner to First Lady
• NJ State USA pageant titleholders stand up for US troops
• Happy Valentine's Day from Albania
• Operation Shoebox hosts 7th anniversary packing event at Manville VFW
• Dentists’ Halloween buyback campaign donates candy for US troops deployed overseas
• US Army Blackhawk lands in Hillsborough Oct 1
• Auctioneer sells sports memorabilia to benefit Operation Shoebox NJ
• What so proudly we hailed
• IV Annual Operation Shoebox NJ Golf Classic
• Victory Campaign 2011
• Seal Team VI honors Operation Shoebox New Jersey
• Shop for a Cause: Macy’s 25% discount tickets benefit OPSHBXNJ
• Somerset Patriots host OPSHBXNJ packing event & “A Salute to the Flag” July 4th
• The Stein Philanthropy Club presents boxes to OPSHBXNJ
• 5th Graders Skype with Airmen
• Volunteers Invited to Pack Boxes for US at 6th annual Christmas packing in Manville Nov. 13th
• Eat, Drink & Be Grateful: Wine Tasting to benefit Deployed US Soldiers
• Sports memorabilia auction benefits Operation Shoebox NJ
• Operation Shoebox NJ joins Flemington Dept Store to honor military families
Volunteers Invited to Pack Boxes for US at 6th annual Christmas packing in Manville Nov. 13th
MANVILLE - Volunteers are invited to join Operation Shoebox New Jersey staff pack gift boxes and send Christmas greetings to U.S. troops deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan at its sixth annual Christmas packing and Santa’s Workshop Nov. 13.
The packing and workshop will be at the Kavanaugh VFW Post #2290, 600 Washington Ave., Manville, with registration at 11 a.m., followed by opening ceremonies. Packing begins at 11:30 a.m. A light lunch will be provided.
Soldiers and Marines who were recipients of OPSHBX NJ gift packages are expected to attend and extend their thanks to the volunteers.
OPSHBX NJ will provide crafts material for volunteers to make ornaments that will be packed inside each gift box.
Volunteer packers are encouraged to donate personal care items for shipment, including snacks and toiletries. Check the shopping list on our website and bring along a bag of needed items.
The packages sent overseas will include cans of tuna, cans of fruit, trail mix, beef jerky, gum, candy, granola bars, powdered drink mixes, coffee, tea, oatmeal, hot chocolate, toothpaste, tooth brushes, ear swabs, moist wipes, sun block, eye drops, soap, shampoo, socks, stationary, envelopes, pens, batteries and other items.
Volunteers will also have the opportunity to sit down and write a short letter or Christmas card to the troops; all cards and letters will be inserted into the boxes. We'll also add stuffed animals and other gift items for the troops to hand out to young Iraqi and Afghan children.
Since its founding in February, 2005, OPSHBX NJ volunteers have shipped over 36,000 personal care packages overseas.Financial support is also needed to help pay the costs of shipping the packages. All donations are tax deductible. Volunteers are asked to sign up in advance on the OPSHBX NJ website.
Nov. 14, 2010